Thoughts, ideas and creativity in process.

Twitter: jessicarachel_x
Facebook: facebook.com/JessicaRachelMakeupArtist
Email: jessicarachelchalmers@live.co.uk

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Tribal Inspired Thrift

 I've been pretty ill over the past week, but I remembered some items I bought in Camden during the summer. Whilst there,  I found some exciting bits and bobs which, when i looked back at them, really got my creative juices flowing!
I'll post some pictures below but basically I picked up a large embellished wall rug and an embellished coin purse. I was drawn to them because of the intricate hand sewing and attention to detail.

The picture quality isn't great, as my camera is broken so I had to take it on my iPhone.
This is a shot of the wall-rug I picked up whilst in Camden.  

The rich tones and the jewel and sequin embellishments reminded me of what attracted me to the Indian culture. Although not authentically Indian,  it certainly reminded me of the richness and vibrancy of India.

This is the coin purse I also picked up. I was drawn to the contrasting colours and the print on the green section  of the purse.




No comments:

Post a Comment