Thoughts, ideas and creativity in process.

Twitter: jessicarachel_x
Facebook: facebook.com/JessicaRachelMakeupArtist
Email: jessicarachelchalmers@live.co.uk

Friday 5 October 2012

The Influence of India

When looking through ethnoworld, I settled on two tribes.
I have decided to focus on two tribes for this project because of the difference between the two final shots I have to produce. For my catwalk shot, I am leaning toward an Indian feel.
I am really drawn to the bright colours and the loud and exciting nature of Indian culture. The rich fabrics and the evocative tastes and smells that come with Indian culture were really alluring and exciting to look at. But I was most drawn to the jewellery. The copious amounts of gold with intricate detailing and the colourful stones made a real impression on me.
As I will be creating a catwalk look, I felt that the focus on accessories and fabrics would aid the styling of my creation. I have made a quick moodboard with some of my findings and included it below. I am going to continue to research Indian culture and will begin sketching some ideas and face plans to help along the way with the creation of my catwalk look.


3 comments:

  1. Have you thought of visiting the Asian shops in St Mary's. Look out for the lovely rows of bracelets, and henna stencils as well as fabrics and jewellery.

    If you want to cast your net further, try Brick Lane or Southall in London.

    Visit the V&A and look at the paintings and jewellery collections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to include references to Asian or Hindu culture. Paintings, sculpture etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I was going to progress onto the background of their culture in due course.
    Thank you for the advice.

    ReplyDelete