Thoughts, ideas and creativity in process.

Twitter: jessicarachel_x
Facebook: facebook.com/JessicaRachelMakeupArtist
Email: jessicarachelchalmers@live.co.uk

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Techniques

This post is just a brief re-cap of all the techniques I plan to use when creating my catwalk-look. I also plan to do a products post to enlighten you on all the wonderful products I have at my fingertips!

Freehanding & Stencil work:
This is something that we experimented with in the first few weeks of term. I am looking to apply this to the face and hands of my model.

Crepe Hair:
I may incorporate crepe hair into my final look. I was thinking of using it to plait into the hair and create texture. It would also relate back to my research on the Sadhus of India. They are the men who are highly spiritual and have naturally formed dreadlocks.

Beads and Ribbon in the Hair:
I also want to incorporate ribbons and beading into the hair. I was thinking of putting golden and rich coloured  beads into the end of plaits and styling in the hair. Ribbons could be woven into the hair to create an interesting fashion approach to dreadlocks.

Fuller's Earth:
I am going to use Fuller's Earth in the hair to create an earthy feel to the look. I want the look to be fashion conscious but also close to nature. I felt that the dusty effect given by Fuller's earth would add to the creation of my catwalk look.

No comments:

Post a Comment