Thoughts, ideas and creativity in process.

Twitter: jessicarachel_x
Facebook: facebook.com/JessicaRachelMakeupArtist
Email: jessicarachelchalmers@live.co.uk

Thursday 1 November 2012

Preeti Dhata and Ninja Singh Editorial – Vogue India March 2012

When researching hair on the internet, I found this shoot from Indian VOGUE in March 2012. The Hair is Indian inspired and although editorial I feel that I could take great influence from these fantastic hair styles! 
 I particularly like the way that the colours are incorporated in the dreadlock-style 'do. I also like the use of loose fishtail braids. They create an interesting dimension to the look and the fishtail braid is very current. This would also be a practical hair design as it doesn't have any unsteady structures which would fall out during a fast-paced catwalk show.
 I was drawn to this look because of the use of severe partings in the hair. As with Indian women it is the fashion to part the hair down the middle to allow head-jewellerry to be worn. I liked the use of the interesting partings because they symbolize the Indian trend but in a fashionable and creative way. I also like the use of the intricate plaiting and the tousled and excitingly styled hair. This is not dissimilar to dreads but it appears more finished and deliberate than dreads themselves.
 Another shot styled with braids and different coloured materials. This could easily be created with crepe hair!

 I LOVE THIS SHOT!! The plaits are placed ever so carefully and the hair styling is art in itself! I thought that this shot was just incredible! So much so, that I just had to include it! (I'm so excited/inspired by this I'm putting exclamation marks everywhere!!!!)
I like the use of colour in the hair. This could be easily achieved by using fuller's earth and supra colours.
Note to self: buy some fuller's earth and crepe hair ASAP!!

1 comment:

  1. These are great images and clearly closely associated with your own vision for this project.

    ReplyDelete