Thoughts, ideas and creativity in process.

Twitter: jessicarachel_x
Facebook: facebook.com/JessicaRachelMakeupArtist
Email: jessicarachelchalmers@live.co.uk

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Magazine Doodles.

I used more magazine cuttings and carried on drawing various designs on faces I found. I used particular shapes to symbolize the curvature of the paisley print pattern and dots to symbolise the infamous bindhi used on Indian women.

I based this design upon the shapes found in Indian paisley print. I  chose not to fill in the entire lips, which I think has worked to my advantage and given an edgy, fashion look.

I was really bold and outgoing with this design.  I feel that the patterns in the centre of the forehead could be used to symbolise the Indian bindhi.

I am not particularly fond of this design. I feel  that  the design as a whole is too heavy. However, I did include the paisley shape around the eye and I feel this may work if presented in the right way and as part of the right design.

I also took influence from previous drawing and sketches I had carried out when observing Indian pattern-work. I am really fond of the design I have created and would love to try this out on a model!

I am fond of this design for the strong use of geometric shapes and line work. I think that I could have been more adventurous and used different line thicknesses when designing. The strong geometric shapes could be too bold but I am willing to experiment.

I am really fond of my design above. I was a little more adventurous and chose to continue onto more body parts. I also need to focus on arms and legs as I want to include designs on them as well.

I really went for it with this design! I feel it is perhaps too busy but nonetheless I used many elements and created a 'mish-mash' of shapes and line-work. I feel the idea behind the design is right but the execution of the design itself could be somewhat refined!

I am really proud of this design. I have included the shapework  which indicates a bindhi and the curvature of the paisley print is present. I am taken by the stripe down the lip as I feel it is a bold statement and an interesting alternative to conventional lipstick.

I used various examples of  linework and took inluence from  indian patternwork. I like the patterns running down the nose.
I am fond of this one. Again, I am drawn to the strong use of shapes and the pattern work underneath the eyes. The next step will be to practice some of these designs on a model of my choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment