Thoughts, ideas and creativity in process.

Twitter: jessicarachel_x
Facebook: facebook.com/JessicaRachelMakeupArtist
Email: jessicarachelchalmers@live.co.uk

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Face Plans!

Im nearing the end of my catwalk look so I decided to do a post of face charts. Im planning on carrying out testing over the next few posts to finalise my look.
Below are pictures of my first batch of face templates:
I like this one because of the simplicity of the design. The shapes on the forehead have been used to symbolize the  use of an Indian Bindhi. The stripes are to symbolize the layers to the Indian culture, from the layering traditional indian dress (saris). The beauty of this design is in the simplicity. However, I feel that the tribal patterning needs to be re-worked and developed upon in order to create an effective final look.

When designing this face plan, I took influence from the style of the infamous  Indian paisley print. The dots are again, to symbolize the bindhi and the redness of the neck is to show the vibrance and richness of colour used in Indian culture. I would layer the red on the neck with a heavily pigmented powder to reference back to the free and exciting Indian holiday, Holi.

I am most fond of this face plan and I am very excited to test this! The  red graphic detailing at the forehead of the model is to symbolize the use of bindhis in Indian culture. I would carry the red colouring up into the parting of the hair on the model to symbolize the fact that many traditional Indian women wear a heavily pigmented powder in the hairline.

This face plan is ineresting in that the shapes used are intruiging to the eye. I am looking forward to developing this face plan as I feel it is not quite finished. The patterns down the nose are again to symbolize the bindhi and the tradition around it in Indian culture. The dots and dashes on the face are curved to symbolise the curvature in paisley print designs in Indian fabric-work. 
I will be in university over this week and will be using my free time to develop upon these designs and practice on my friends and models.
My next few posts will be developing final styling choices and making decisions when it comes to the hair and nails of the model. I cant wait to get a final look up and running!
EXCITING STUFF!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, in devising your face templates I would like to see a clear consideration of the techniques you wish to use for the face AND the hair.

    We have covered a lot of techniques in the last few weeks, I suggest that you take advantage of this and utilise one or more of the techniques in your final images.

    ReplyDelete