Thoughts, ideas and creativity in process.

Twitter: jessicarachel_x
Facebook: facebook.com/JessicaRachelMakeupArtist
Email: jessicarachelchalmers@live.co.uk

Monday 19 November 2012

Come on, VOGUE.

When deciding on my Editorial look, naturally the first editorial magazine i thought of was VOGUE. I trauled through google, looking for inspiration and came across a few editions of VOGUE magazines from across the globe. So, I've created a post showing off my finds and the inspiration I have taken from them!

VOGUE SPAIN
In this January issue of VOGUE spain, Chinese fashion model Liu Wen was styled in heavily layered looks from John Galliano, Rodarte, Missoni and many others. I chose to use this shoot as it is heavily referenced through nomadic and tribal ideas. The boldly styled hair and expressive makeup is eye-catching and innoative. The hair is so good it has been almost sculpted into fantastic and interesting shapes. I was really drawn to the hair in this shoot as it reminded me of a workshop we had been taught in our practical sessions in university. 






VOGUE SPAIN
This is from the April 2011 issue of VOGUE Spain. This shoot was heavily influenced by North American Indian culture. The 'larger than life' use of accessories add to the querky and excellently styled shoot. I was drawn to the hair and styling of this shoot. The deliberately tousled and messed hair is exciting and works extremely well with the textured styling of the shoot. 





VOGUE GERMANY
This shoot, entitled 'Hippies Yeah'  yet again includes exciting hair styling. I was particularly drawn to the bottom shot as the styling is extremely exciting. The textures of the materials used draw the eye to the intricate detailing of the ensemble which is just exquisite.





VOGUE CHINA
This shoot entitled 'My Wild Love' drew me to it straight away.Fashion editor, Anne Christensen used prints,  textures and colours and layered them beautifully in a Nomadic theme. The composition of the shots drew me to them, as did the icy colour palette of the make-up and the surprisingly free hair.






No comments:

Post a Comment