Thoughts, ideas and creativity in process.

Twitter: jessicarachel_x
Facebook: facebook.com/JessicaRachelMakeupArtist
Email: jessicarachelchalmers@live.co.uk

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Sketches

Last night I couldn't sleep, so I sat in my room and decided to do some quick sketches. I was inspired by the patterns used in Indian fabrics. I used ideas from various patterns I found on the internet and took influence from the bits that I felt were the most interesting. I've included a few of these sketches below:

This sketch was inspired by the patterns i observed when researching the Mendhi patterns of India.

 Mendhi is the application of henna tattoos as a form of skin decoration in India.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely drawings Jessica. Have you managed to visit any of the Asian shops in St Mary's yet? I think you will find a wealth of objects and patterns at your disposal if you do. Including plastic templates for painting mehndis on your hand.

    ReplyDelete