Thoughts, ideas and creativity in process.

Twitter: jessicarachel_x
Facebook: facebook.com/JessicaRachelMakeupArtist
Email: jessicarachelchalmers@live.co.uk

Thursday 17 January 2013

Initial Research Into Re-shoot

As I am re-shooting my first look, I went back to basics and carried on researching tribes across the world.

I decided that for this look, I wanted to create a completely flawless look which took an exciting approach to the appearance of skin.
I therefore decided  to research tribes who had coloured skin or faces. I came across the Himba Tribe, an ethnic group from North Namibia. I was instantly taken aback by their striking appearance.

 


They are famous for covering themselves with a mixture of fat and ochre which is an abundant natural soil in the area.
They wear little clothes and the colour of their skin is used to symbolize the richness of the earth and the blood of life.

I was drawn to the Himba tribe as the red was striking yet not over the top. I also liked the richness of the red and the truly ethnic look it represented.
I am definitely going to look into using the influence of red skin in my next look. I feel this has the potential to look extremely striking behind a lens.
After weeks of procrastination and planning, I finally feel inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment