Thoughts, ideas and creativity in process.

Twitter: jessicarachel_x
Facebook: facebook.com/JessicaRachelMakeupArtist
Email: jessicarachelchalmers@live.co.uk

Sunday 20 January 2013

Editorial Face Charts

I felt it was time to get some face charts on the go for my editorial look. I've taken the makeup influence from the Himba Tribe and my research on Scarification and I plan to gather styling ideas from Indian culture as I am still extremely fond of it.
These are some of my face charts I have created with that in mind:

I used the idea of reddened skin. In this design I chose to keep it rather subtle to see how the rest of the design would come across. I've used gold around the eyes as I felt that plain red all over could become rather two-dimensional. The black strip down the chin would be achieved using rice and liquid latex, to create subtle scarification which would then be painted over with black supra colour.

I then toyed with the idea of creating a terracotta  coloured skin base, using split peas and lentils across the  brow bone and on the bottom lip, painted with black supra colour. I felt that terracotta was too plain and remembered that editorial looks are often over exaggerated. I also felt that the red was richer and would juxtapose better with the gold accessories I am planning to include when styling the look.

Again, I used a subtle hint of red across the face and shoulders which  would be created using dark red supra colour  and heavily highlighted with white supra colour or white Illamasqua rich liquid foundation. Across the brow bone I designed a strip of black topped with white covered split-peas. I do want to include something along the brow bone to simulate the idea of the bindi in Indian culture. However, I feel that this is too harsh and may not come across as I want it too. I also feel that the skin could be darker and therefore more striking.

I LOVE THIS DESIGN!
This is by far my favorite design! 

No comments:

Post a Comment