Thoughts, ideas and creativity in process.

Twitter: jessicarachel_x
Facebook: facebook.com/JessicaRachelMakeupArtist
Email: jessicarachelchalmers@live.co.uk

Monday 21 January 2013

Gold Gold Gold

I was already aware that Indian culture used an abundance of gold and I remembered the research I had previously done. Whilst researching Indian religions, I came across the Buddhist religion. Buddhism is the largest growing religion in the world. The statue is a symbol of the religion and duplicates are often made all over the world although the original is currently in the temple of Wat Traimit, Bangkok.
I have always been drawn to the richness and luxurious nature of these statues and their symbol of peace and understanding across the world.

 


After deciding to use fullers' earth in my Catwalk design, I looked at ways to make the shot come alive and stand out. I instantly thought of gold. I had this idea in my head that applying gold to parts of the face using Supra Colour and also maybe using gold leaf in places could look pretty cool.
I therefore took influence from this and decided that incorporating gold into my designs could be really interesting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment