Thoughts, ideas and creativity in process.

Twitter: jessicarachel_x
Facebook: facebook.com/JessicaRachelMakeupArtist
Email: jessicarachelchalmers@live.co.uk

Sunday 20 January 2013

Editorial Styling

I wanted to take my styling choices from Indian culture as they use an abundance of gold in typical Indian wedding and celebration dress. I felt that this would tie in extremely well with my face chart and create the tribal 'mish-mash' I was going for.

Below are pictures of hair and styling inspiration I have found on the internet:

Hair Styling:

Again, I am drawn to the plaiting and braiding of the hair in these editorial shots. I have already done quite a few hair posts and I think I am going to do roughly the same thing with the hair as my previous catwalk shoot. I am planning to pull the hair away from the face and braid small gold chains into it. I want the focus to be on the flawless, rich, red skin and not so much on the hair which is why I have decided to keep the styling and the hair fairly straight forward.

Styling:

Jewellerry:
I have decided to acessorize my model using typical Indian jewellerry. I like the way that gold juxtaposes the rich red of the skin that I have already created. Therefore I have decided to use golden bangles on both wrists of my model. I will be sure to capture them in the shots I take as I feel that it will really bring out the red of the skin.

Clothes:
I have decided again to keep the clothing extremely basic and I am going to dress my model in a plain black maxi dress. The Himba Tribe wear no clothing but my model is uncomfortable with partial or full nudity. Therefore, I felt a simple black dress with no shoulders would not distract from the main feature as I want the gold in the hair and the bracelets to shine over the clothing as in Indian culture, the women are often adorned with fantastic jewellerry pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment